Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pre-Pre Diabetic

My mom recently found out that she is pre-diabetic, which sent me into a tail spin because I share many of the same bad eating habits that she has.  She's taken the bull by the horns and has stopped eating sugar, bread, etc.  Unfortunately, the news didn't scare me straight enough to stop eating these favorite treats/snacks:

 Oh's
The best cereal ever made, and I only came across it this year!  I just eat them dry (I haven't had a bowl of cereal with milk for as long as I can remember...the thought of drinking milk makes me shiver and gag).  They're so addicting, Kasey literally has to pry the box from my hands.  *I had to dig the box out of the recycling to take the picture because I've exhausted my supply.  

Pretzel balls + chocolate chips
There's nothing better than a salty/sweet combo.  The fact that the pretzels are "double baked butter" doesn't hurt either.  I like to pop these in a 1:1 ratio.

Hot Tamales
I have always loved Hot Tamales.  I even sang a little jingle about them growing up (Mollie wants another Hot Ta-Mollie wants another Hot Ta-Mollie).  Buying a movie-size box each week started to get annoying, so we broke down and bought a huge bag at Costco.  Maybe a bit excessive, but they'll be gone within the month.  

3 comments:

  1. I love all of the aforementioned snacks. Oh's are delicious and I, too, am a fan of eating cereal dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to get together and get frozen hot chocolates and binge on these. I need to try the Oh's. I went through a phase where I bought a $1 box of Hot Tamales from Walmart every time I went. I love them.

    I love when you post on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how those Hot Tamales look in that jar, especially on your grey table.

    ReplyDelete