Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back to School

I feel bad every time I see our blog because it's so outdated. So I thought I'd give a quick overview of what's been going on.

Mollie is doing awesome as a first year kindergarten teacher. Things have been a little more in the groove lately, no more work 'til 10:00pm days. I can't believe she does what she does. Sometimes I think for a second what it would be like if that were my job. I've come to the conclusion that that would be my worst nightmare. But she is enjoying it and she likes to finally be the teacher.

I'm back in school, and am really trying to enjoy this last year (read: not trying to get A's anymore). I'm loving getting around on the scooter. I get to park right in front of the Tanner building. I might be singing a different tune in a few months, but I try not to think about that. I'm definitely not as busy as last year, because Novell put a 20hrs/week threshold on my working. In reality I've only been doing about 15hrs/week, so I have a little more free time than last year. So I've been trying to cook and clean a little more.

I also finished my Czech book, during the first week of the school year. On my mission, I wrote somewhat of a textbook about speaking Czech over a few months. A few photocopied versions floated around the mission, but I didn't have anything typed up. So I spent the last several months editing and typing it, with hopes to publish it to the Amazon Kindle store, as well as to give it to the mission, in case they could use it. So just recently I published it on Amazon (link: http://amzn.to/qbjPKU) and gave it to the mission. Even though it's fun to dream of the hoards of people wanting to learn Czech and buying my book and making me a wealthy author, that's not very realistic, and it was really intended to help out the mission. But I would appreciate it if everyone referred to me as their "author friend."

I accepted the job offer from Ernst & Young for next fall to start full time in the San Francisco office. I think we're both excited, mostly for the awesome weather and maybe to upgrade our apartment a little (wishlist: dishwasher, washer/dryer, bigger closets, him/her vanity). But, like I said, I don't want to be too excited, because I know I'll miss being a student once I'm working full time. I also want to pack in as much Utah as I can before I leave. That means:

  • Biking
  • Hiking (Timpanogos? I feel like I have to)
  • Backpacking
  • Tennis
  • Camping
  • Cafe Rio
  • BYU Football game
  • Jazz games (if there's a season this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment