Monday, August 20, 2012

Dublin, CA

Although we originally thought we were going to live in Walnut Creek, we ended up in Dublin. They won me over with these charming City of Dublin clover signs placed down the middle of the road.


We were delighted to load/unload the U-Haul 4 times in one week.

We've definitely upgraded from our tiny, moldy, HOT studio. No matter how gross/inconvenient it was, my heart definitely swells when I think about it.

Our new place better be an upgrade, considering that we're paying quadruple the rent now! I'm posting these pics a bit prematurely for my perfectionist liking, but here they are. 

The upgrades...

A kitchen with a dishwasher! 

p.s. Kit Kat found his new home above the sink.

A dining area with a table fit for adults instead of a little munchkin cart.


A living room without a bed in it! Camping chairs will have to do until our couch is shipped in late September. KC has a plan concocted for above the mantel, so stay tuned.

A washer/dryer! I feel like such a housewife when I put a load of laundry in.

A bedroom!

A chest of drawers that doesn't shave wood chips on our clothes!

A walk-in closet!

A bathroom without mold!

Central air!

A lovely deck! Poor KC looks a bit dazed after studying for the CPA exam all day.

Huge redwood trees surround our apartment. They're beauties, but they block my much needed natural light. I'm trying to adapt to a more "woodsy" feel though.

We're very pleased with our new place!




3 comments:

  1. Super cute, Moo! I can't wait to see what you do with the place! :) We have the same dresser :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it's darling! I'm so glad that you are all settled in, I will have to give you a call I want to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute place! That's cool that you guys are in California. I had never even heard of Dublin before.

    ReplyDelete