- Just did my (our) taxes for the first time, now that I'm not a dependent, and got $1,944 back as a refund. Oh yeah! I actually found doing our taxes fascinating - mostly because it was like beating the government in a poker match and taking the pot (Obama wouldn't last long against me, I would do my Obama impersonation and he would fold out of fear) - partly because I'm currently enrolled in my accounting class on taxation. I think they should teach tax basics as a required class in high school. Forget making art required - teach them something that they are mandated to use. Then people would be better informed about their government - and make wiser voting decisions.
- Watching the channel TLC is basically like watching a circus in a less formal setting. The majority of their shows are about people who have 20 kids, are "little people", are a human/tree or some other mutation, or have 8 kids (octuplets?) and ruin all of their lives by getting divorced on TV. The Learning Channel? Or "The Living Circus?"
- My 5 favorite ingredients are as follows. These will make any meal great:
- Garlic
- Onions
- Jalapenos (and all other peppers)
- Hot Sauce (Cholula, also taco bell)
- Horseradish
- The Jazz and BYU are on a run! Oh yeah! (Just got a throwback Jazz shirt)

- Mollie is doing so awesome at her student teaching. She is teaching at the BYU Preschool, and it is no easy task. I love listening to the funny (for me) stories of kids peeing their pants, or hitting each other. Mollie is handling it like a pro!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Thoughts for the Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love random thoughts.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, you want to do our taxes next year? Did you watch the State of the Union address? Me and Jimmy had a laughing attack from everyone standing up and clapping every 5 seconds. We just wanted to hear what he had to say.
You also listed all of the worst shows TLC has to offer. Hellooo, What Not to Wear! Toddlers and Tiaras! (hilarious) King of the Crown! (this guy would probably drive you nuts).
Jimmy and I add onions and peppers (especially jalepenos) to everything. I would drink Cholula if it was socially acceptable.
Oh Mollie, we need to actually chat. I had no idea she was doing her student teaching at the Preschool, that is so awesome!