Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A New Dawn

You may have noticed that there is no longer a picture of Deron Williams on our blog. The Jazz traded Dwill today to the Nets in a shocking deal. At first I was angry, but after some reasoning with my brother Kelly, it doesn't seem as grim. Lets face it, the Jazz have already hit rock bottom before we traded Dwill. We lost 16 of our last 20 games. Deron has been playing worse than he's ever played for the Jazz. You could say that he's even mentally checked out, and wants to follow his peers Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, and of course, Lebron James in leaving to bigger, better places. While I don't know the full reasons for Jerry Sloan's departure, I would put my money on part of the reason being due to an uncooperative and even prima donna Deron Williams, though I can't say that Deron forced Sloan out. We wouldn't have been able to sign Deron to an extension, and he would have left after next season, so instead of getting nothing for him, we got quite a bit out of New Jersey. We have a probable top 10 pick for this year (Jimmer Fredette?) a first round pick for the next year, and two good starting players. The Jazz have hit rock bottom, but we're on our way up, and it's a new dawn for Jazz fans. Sorry for the boring posts. Mollie will be back shortly.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you'd be posting something pretty soon about this. Sorry for your loss to the family.

    ReplyDelete