I offered to help out Accounts Payable, and they've taken me up on that offer. Now most people know that the orphaned internal audit interns are in AP. So I'm scanning invoices, filing things, and generally doing grunt work. HR called me back and left a message that said, "I hear you're helping out in Accounts Payable now, so I guess that means things are resolved. Let me know if you have any other questions." The company controller talked to me and said our new overlords have a lot to do and he'll get back to me when they get around to dealing with us. So it's a mixed bag. I am currently in a lonely position doing grunt work all day long, and I don't know what they plan to do with us or if they will fire us any day, but I am still employed.
This whole saga reminds me of a classic Simpsons clip of the news reporter, Kent Brockman:
Haha, the Simpsons always makes me laugh.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you for by passing the cuts and hanging in there! It's reminds me of Seinfeld when George shows up to work at a place he was not hired for and pretends to work there. Keep up the good work!
Way to hang in there Kasers! I hope things work out... :)
ReplyDelete