Sunday, October 4, 2009
Your Utah Jazz
For those of you who may be dreading the upcoming months of waking up and returning home from work in the dark, scraping off snow from your cars, looking out at the lifeless landscape and thinking of ending it all, I have just the remedy for you. I know a group of guys that will give purpose to 82 wonderful regular season nights. That's right, D-Will, Memo, Paul Millsap, and little Ronnie Brewer are soon to make their Utah Jazz 09-10 Season debut. I actually love winter, for about three consecutive weeks. But the charm of the first few snowfalls usually fades as I realize that 80% of winter isn't the pretty snowfall landscapes. It's the sun turning the snow into a slushy mess, or soaking wet pant legs, or being limited to indoors (unless you've got the money to go skiing) for 4-5 months. That is why the Jazz is so great. There are a lot of nay-sayers, however, who will make fun of me for my enthusiasm. Why get excited about sports, they ask. It doesn't matter, it's just a game, they taunt. While I understand that my life doesn't revolve around the Jazz, the saying is true that the more you put in, the more you get out. So go Jazz!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh the Jazz. Too bad Kentucky doesn't have an NBA team to support. Do you remember going to the jazz game when that nasty lady fell down the icy stairs outside and I just happened to be laughing about something totally different and they thought I was laughing at them? Oh the Jazz
ReplyDeleteWho could forget? Those cuss words have been burned into my memory.
ReplyDeleteI remember when you really wanted to have the Jazz Mobile or something. Oh brother. hhahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteStill do.
ReplyDelete