Sunday, November 29, 2009
Sports Scoop
Even though I don't really know if any males (or anybody anymore for that matter) read this blog, here's my sports update. I get really worked up over the BYU/Utah game every year. It started when I was in 7th grade, and from then on every year I would argue with another classmate who was a die hard Ute fan, and so if we ever lost, I knew I would have to face his ridicule. Otherwise, it's just fun to have a rivalry. So congrats to the Cougs for last night, a great game. Two people, at least in my incomplete judgment, made some poor decisions last night. Max Hall, for his comments after the game, and Bronco Mendenhall for what seemed to be incompetent coaching. Max Hall went off after the game to the media about how much he hates the Utes, and how they are classless and deserve to lose. He ridiculed the program, fans, and entire University. He stated how Ute fans poured beer on his family last year, and did some "nasty" things to them. While he is justified for feeling angry about the incident to his family, he really dropped the ball in representing BYU and the Church. He's not just representing us to the state of Utah, but to ESPN and all other viewers across the country. So people across the country may now see us as unforgiving, angry, un-Christlike people. I would certainly be equally mad if I were him, but it was a wrong move, especially to leave such a bad taste after a great win. As for Bronco, I know I'm not a football expert, but to let the last minute of the fourth quarter run out when it's tied seems ridiculous. We had all three time-outs, and that gives quite a lot of time to just get into field goal range and win the game. The other time was our first drive in the fourth quarter (3 and out) where Bronco ran the football as if he were trying to run the clock out. Anyway, I didn't agree. That was one big long ramble. I feel like our blog is a lot like Flight of the Conchords, I think we have one fan. Anyway, Mallory, hope everything is going well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is Jimmy letting you know there is at least one male reading your blog, which I thoroughly enjoy. I never thought Max Hall lived up to his full potential at QB and those comments he made last night were 100% unclassy and inappropriate. And running out the clock with a minute to go? Maybe someone's showing a little lack of confidence in his QB to function under pressure. Don't get me wrong, I love BYU football but I do share your frustrations from last night.
ReplyDeletePS I love your post about winter not being welcome. It's still not winter here in Ohio, just so you know. And I think the picture you two drew of each other is beautiful.
This is Mallory now. I love your blog so please keep posting. It's so funny. Also, thank you for comparing me to Mel. Maybe I'll make a t-shirt with you and Mollie's picture on it.
ReplyDeletePS Maybe comment on my blog more, eh? Eh?
Thank you Jimmy. You just made my day. Mallory, I (we) will comment more on your blog. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteHey guys I saw you had this blog from facebook. So now you can add 1 more reader, just Meghann not Alex he never reads blogs. :) We have a blog too but I rarely update it so it's pretty lame it's megalexcurtisfamily.blogspot.com. Molly I'll be checking to see if you end up getting a tree :) We have a really cute small tree that you guys can borrow if you want, it's the kind that comes in a set of 2 for the front porch, but it could be used inside. I don't have a picture though......
ReplyDeleteSorry Mollie I spelled your name wrong!
ReplyDelete