Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Inner City Pressure

Last Friday we left our confinement to Provo and went on a weekend getaway to visit Mollie's sister and family in San Francisco.  I had heard how great it was, and Mollie loves it, so we were very excited.  Unfortunately, Mollie got a bad cold right before we went, but the trip (at least for me!) still turned out great.  Mollie had to deal with throwing up, getting her ears all plugged from the pressure on the flight, and feeling cruddy, but San Francisco was a great place to recover.
Mollie sick face; Alcatraz

I loved Alcatraz, it was a historical site that can actually hold your interest.  It is on a beautiful island as well.  Mollie's sister lives right in the middle of the city, near Chinatown.  This is the view from their roof:
Coit Tower

My favorite part of the trip was probably Baker Beach, which is down by the Golden Gate Bridge.  The waves were unusually high, probably 10-15 feet high.  
Baker Beach

The weather was perfect, in the 60's and sunny.  San Francisco is up towards the top of my list of favorite cities.  I was pleased when walking with Mollie in the city I was regarded as a local by someone on the street (he said something like "beautiful day, right? That's why we live here!"), until I looked down and realized why - I was carrying Mollie's purse for her.  I don't think I want to be that fashionable.  All in all, it was a great vacation, and a big thanks to Jennie and fam for putting us up.  

5 comments:

  1. As i sit here reading about your San Fran adventures I have a yellow purse slung across my chest. Our straps look strikingly similar so I must ask, is yours from Kohls too Kasey, I mean Molie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey looks feminine! Hahaha!

    Poor Mollie....such a sad picture. I'm jealous of your trip to San Fran, I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee! Nope. It's from Target, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lived in California my whole life and I've never been to San Francisco. :\ I must make a trip one of these days. Oh, and Mollie, others are telling me they're happy for me, but I certainly don't get sick of hearing it. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come back any time, there's lots more to see!

    ReplyDelete