Saturday, February 20, 2010

Night Dreams

I love to wake up and find out from Mollie that I was doing weird things in my sleep.  Apparently, last night I was really nuts.  Here's how it went:

Mollie woke up and saw that I was sitting up, hovering over her

Me: (very enthusiastically) "It's Saveboat time!!!"

Mollie: "What does that mean?"

Me: "You know... with the horses?"

Mollie: "What..."

Me (pointing in the air): "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!!"

Then she told me I was sleeping, and I lay back down, trying to convince her that she was really the one that's sleeping.

I love it when these things happen.  Often times I am completely conscious during these dream spells, and I have to convince myself which is real, that I'm in my bed, or doing something else (I've sat up and driven a car, flipped hamburgers, looked for a caterpillar in my bed, etc.). On our honeymoon, after waking from a nap I said, "What? It's point five o' clock! (with my face a 1/2 inch from the alarm clock)" Then I kept saying "I'm foreign, I'm foreign" and getting really frustrated.  Mollie has had a few times as well.  Once she tried to convince me that we were in a newspaper, and each of us were columns, that we're working on a book project, etc.  

2 comments:

  1. All I can think to do is copy and paste this into my journal and pretend it happened to me. This tops absolutely everything. I keep going back and forth from laughing very hard to just staring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Funny stories. These are the pure joys of being married. When Taurean is sleeping he thinks he's eating and will chew and swallow nothing. It's so loud and wakes me up every time.

    ReplyDelete