Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Clock

We bought a Black Forest cuckoo clock while we were in Germany.  It's our "Happy Clock" or "Happy House" as the lady who sold it to us kept calling it.  Kasey shot up in bed and pointed to it with glee when it went off at 6 am for the first time.  Thank goodness it has a light sensor so it doesn't go off in the middle of the night though...
I don't know about you, but I love the tick-tock sound of a clock.  But then again, I'm big on having some sort of background noise at all times.  I can't fall asleep at night without the white noise of our swamp cooler or sound machine, and could only sit down and concentrate on my homework with the TV on or some other hubbub going on around me.  I want to start crying when someone finishes mowing their lawn, when our heater turns off in the winter, or when it's time to turn the water off in the tub.  Weird, I know.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I always had to turn on music before I could do my homework. I almost went an entire semester without setting foot in the library at BYU. It's too quiet in there for me.

    ReplyDelete