I vowed to never do a blog post again, but seeing that it's our first anniversary, I'll make an exception.
We celebrated by staying over night at the Homestead in Midway last weekend (they were booked for this weekend). I liked it mostly because they gave us a generous hunk of fudge when we checked in and chocolate chip cookies the next day for the road.
The grounds were really beautiful and pleasant. We stayed in a "Garden View" room where we sat on our balcony and looked out on a bunch of charming little gazebos.
We swam in the warm mineral water of "The Crater" which felt awesome. We forgot to take our camera in with us, but here's what it looks like from the top looking down into it. Bad quality, but you get the gist. You can see people wearing yellow life vests. I liked to go completely limp and just bob around.
We saved the big guns for our actual anniversary. We're headed to Lagoon. That is if we don't get rained out...

Lagoon. You guys kill me.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!