Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Road Trip

Here's a little recap of the roadtrip we took on our way to San Francisco.

1ST STOP: SAN DIEGO

Neither of us remember much about going to SeaWorld when we were little, and we were really impressed. Our favorite parts were the Journey to Atlantas rollercoaster ride and Shark Encounter (you stand on a moving sidewalk and go through a tube with sharks swimming all around).


2ND STOP: DISNEYLAND

We spent one day in Disneyland.  Our favorite ride this go-around was Splash Mountain. We went on it three times in a row at night and got soaked.


3RD STOP: LOS ANGELES

We kind of wasted our day here (not sure why we didn't think of Universal Studios) and stayed in an icky hotel (no outlets in the bathroom?!), but we did walk along the Hollywood Walk of Fame and checked out Grauman's Chinese Theatre to see celebrity's hand and footprints.

 I guess it's always a gamble asking someone to take your picture. Here's a really great generic picture of us with a gas station in the background. We were hoping for the Hollywood sign. Oh well.


4TH STOP: VENTURA

Kasey's parents are serving a mission in Ventura and were able to take a couple days "off" to show us around.  We went to the Reagan Presidential Library and saw a bunch of neat paraphernalia and walked through Air Force 1.

 Kasey and his parents on a nice walk along the beach.

 Roger and Cindy took us whale watching. We saw hundreds of dolphin, and a ton of humpbacks and blue whales (the largest animal to ever live on earth!)  I keep googling pictures of blue whales just to see how big they really are. It was kind of hard to tell in person. It was difficult to get good pictures and the videos we took don't even do it justice. It was so amazing!


I can't get a video to work. I'll try again later.

HOME STRETCH TO SAN FRAN

We took Highway 1 (the more scenic, but very slow and windy route). 

 We stopped along the highway to see elephant seals.  They were so noisy and fighting a lot. Kasey and I laugh like little girls when we look at these pictures of them. 

Especially at this one:

And...
 here's our apartment. It's a studio, but a palace compared to our studio at home. Here's our lovely setup with camping chairs and our bed of Hide-a-Mats we bought from Costco.


View of Coit Tower from our kitchen window.

4 comments:

  1. So many things...

    So many fun things. The SEALS. Hahahaha! AH!

    Your apartment is so charming. I am jealous of your summer. I need to visit you. It's settled. Done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you're in Cali! I'll trade you for fayetteville, any day! PS My mom is from Ventura, she'd be so jealous you're there. :) I bet Kasey's parents and she know a lot of the same people from church there! Also, theres something about my great grandparents that built the church there-- the Camarillo Stake- they used to hold church in their house. You'll have to ask if that's in their area at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, you guys did a lot on your way to San Francisco! Mollie, what on earth is on that lady's jacket behind you on Splash Mountain? Looks like you guys are gonna have an awesome summer in that cute apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those seals made me laugh like a little girl too. Seals.

    Also, your apartment is great. Hard wood floors!

    ReplyDelete